Atera is looking for a talented leader to join the R&D department and manage development teams onsite & abroad.
The group manager will be responsible for planning, managing and coordinating all product development activities, processes compliance and management of resources and ensuring delivery of planned software releases of software product. Also, the group manager will be responsible for defining product vision, roadmap and strategies for the product in alignment with the overall business direction. Technical responsibilities include strategic decisions about technologies and implementation of architecture and development processes.
- Build and lead offshore development teams - hire and manage talented developers, oversee the development processes, ensure active communication between the onsite and offshore teams
- Work with team leads to plan and execute projects, ensuring that the teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, project plans, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that they remain on target to meet those timelines.
- Monitor, track and report the status of all the projects of various teams, acting as a gateway through which work should be assigned to appropriate teams while ensuring that project scope is adequately defined.
- Manage the Quality Assurance team by providing guidance for implementation of quality improvement processes to ensure coverage of all scenarios and ensuring delivery of the product with high quality.
- Understand the domain, the existing software system applications, architecture in various areas and improve the system to be more user-friendly
- Serve as the technical lead for all discussions with customers as well as with other R&D teams within and outside the organization.
- Responsible for the software development budget of the organization, including costs, purchases and expense approvals, ensuring the funding of all activities are planned, tracked and managed thru the end of each Financial Year.
- Work as mentor within the organization, help staff resolve problems both technical as well as human resources related, tracking and approving vacation and personal days for employees within the team and monitoring individual employees’ performance and taking corrective actions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- 4+ years of proven experience working in engaging global cross-functional technical teams as well as building/ developing offshore and onsite development teams – a must
- 4+ years of proven experience working through the design, development, release-cycle delivering product to market
- A strong leader! - 7+ years of management/ leadership experience in a Product development organization required.
- Proven leadership skills in an agile environment and the ability to work with top-notch engineers
- Large / enterprise application development experience
- Strong understanding of the Product Development life-cycle
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in software development using Microsoft .Net , Angular X and other web application frameworks
- Ability to manage, evaluate, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- A proven record for successful delivery of software systems in a similar role
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Solid understanding of development, testing and integration methodologies
- Broad understanding of programming logic concepts and application analysis and design techniques.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Good planning, organizing, decision-making and problem- solving skills. Thorough with careful attention to detail.