Atera is looking for a seasoned technical leader who will be responsible for:
- Setting our AI/ML and technology strategy
- Establishing and leading AI/ML software engineering teams
- Identifying and evaluating technical solutions to improve customer satisfaction
As Head of AI/ML, you'll work directly with our CTO and founders to develop and execute our technology strategy and roadmap. You’ll drive our supporting data and AI strategy to maximize customer value and accelerate time to market.
You'll ensure our architecture is flexible and scalable to allow for rapid growth into new business lines. You'll be responsible for consistently delivering meaningful features, applications, and technology solutions that align with business priorities. You’ll establish and lead a dynamic, results-oriented AI team to execute the technology strategy.
To excel in this role, you should be:
- Motivated and eager to work in a fast-paced technology startup
- A critical thinker with demonstrated ability to set and attain individual and team goals in complex, resource-strained environments
- An enthusiastic self-starter, leader and team player
- An excellent analytical and problem-solver who can communicate effectively to bridge the business and technical teams, even those who are remote
- 7+ years in designing, developing and implementing machine learning, deep learning and/or artificial intelligence solutions into enterprise environments
- 5+ years of proven experience in a leadership capacity building and managing a team of data scientists, AI/ML and software engineers
- Master’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- In-depth understanding of the entire lifecycle of machine learning product development, from inception to production
- Substantial experience in building suggestion engines; deploying and running ML models in real products
- Proficient with Python, R and other important ML and analytics languages (e.g. R, Scala), NLP, GTP2/3 and experience in using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Proficient with Deep Learning models such as CNN, RNN and NLP for solving various business use cases such as name entity resolution, forecasting and anomaly detection.
- Experienced in using AI/ML platforms, technologies, techniques (e.g. TensorFlow, Apache MXnet, Theano, Keras, CNTK, scikit-learn, H2O, Spark MLlib, etc)
- Proven ability to translate business challenges to practical and actionable technical solutions;
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proficiency with scalable data extraction tools
- Experience developing, testing and deploying APIs
- Experience building applications based on Microservices Architecture